Tayo Okunade, Esq.
10200 E Girard Avenue
Building C, Suite 246
Denver, Colorado, 80231
Tayo Okunade is an experienced attorney who handles litigation matters for clients across a number of industries. He has appeared before state and federal courts, including administrative courts. In his multidisciplinary practice he has litigated cases involving employment discrimination, probate disputes, franchise disputes, breach of contract, and other business disputes.
Tayo also counsels clients on a variety of contracts, restrictive covenant agreements, employee handbooks, severance and separation agreements, and a number of other business and employment-related matters.
Tayo’s practice extends to counseling U.S. companies and non-governmental agencies (NGOs) looking to expand their operations globally on issues related to employment agreements, memorandum of understandings, breach of contract, and other business-related matters.
Prior to starting his law firm, Tayo was a hearing officer at the CDLE and worked as an attorney in the Denver office of a national law firm. During law school, Tayo interned in the Denver office of another national law firm and also worked as a judicial intern for Judge Diana Terry of the Colorado Court of Appeals and Judge John W. Madden IV at the Second Judicial District Court in Colorado.
Tayo speaks English, French and Yoruba and enjoys spending time playing golf and traveling with his wife and their daughter.
- Handled cases involving disability discrimination and failure to accommodate and/or engage in good faith interactive process under The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Represented employees against national employers in race and national origin claims under Title VII.
- Handled cases with regard to pregnancy discrimination and sex claims under Title VII.
- Represented beneficiaries and personal representatives in a variety of probate and estate contests.
- Negotiated procurement contract for client in $100 million dollar project.
- Successfully represented franchise owners in fraud, breach of contract, and breach of implied covenant of fair dealing claims against Nevada based franchisor.
- Defended business owner in dispute involving the Federal Railroad Safety Act. The case settled favorably for the company.
- Served as a trusted legal advisor providing strategic guidance to several companies and non-profit corporations in negotiating agreements ranging from employment contracts to MOUs to teaming agreements.
- Colorado Bar Association
- PELA Colorado
- Aurora Bar
- Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- District Court for the District of Colorado
- University of Denver, JD
- Washington University in St. Louis, BSBA